Joining the server...
Now we have the server on the correct mod, we can go ahead and join the server along with assigning admin privileges.
- Connect to the server via Terraria (Details can be found via Clanforge -> Servers -> Dashboard)
- Once connected we need to obtain the admin token. This can be found via Clanforge -> Server Dashboard -> Files -> Type: Auth Token)
- Select authcode.txt. The authentication token will be displayed in the right hand pane of Clanforge.
- With the authentication token, in the client type /auth <token>. You should now be a server admin temporarily.
- The command should be executed without the brackets, like this: /auth 123456
- Now you are a serveradmin, you need to create an account. Type /user add <username> <password> superadmin
- Again, the command should not have the brackets: /user add myusername mypass superadmin
- We then login as the newly created user /login <username> <password>
- And, again, no brackets: /login myusername mypass
- Finally you need to type /auth-verify to complete the process.
- You should now be listed as a server admin! Each time you connect user the username you registered you will be prompted for a 'server password', this is the password you created.