Hosting an Official/Public Hive Server
In order to host Public DayzS Servers on an Official Hive, a few prerequisites must be met. This has been set out by the developers and more information can be found here.
- Your server must follow the DayZ name convention, "DayZ - Location ID (version/beta buildnr) [difficulty][timezone] dayzmod.com - hosted by Customtext."
- A minimum of 40 Player slots. (However there is an exception for developing countries or countries where bandwidth is expensive, for those countries minimum slot count is now 30.)
- Your server must not be password protected or locked.
- As a server admin you must not:
You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members. You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed. You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle. You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk. You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits, you need solid evidence, IE logs.
- You are permitted to kick or ban for hate speech, including racism and homophobia.
- You are permitted to kick or ban for cheating/hacking/exploiting that is affecting players in a server-disruptive way, providing you have solid evidence.
- You are permitted to kick for illegitimate weapons/items not intended to be in the game, however please remember, many players do not and should not be expected to know every item that is legitimate and as such we would prefer you do not ban for this.
- PVP is enabled at all times no matter the rpg element the admin tries to set.
- Do NOT request un-necessary instance IDs, location IDs, or whitelisting from us. If you abuse the system all of your servers may be blacklisted.
In-Game Admin/Rcon Commands
Assuming In-game admin control of your server is really simple. You need to add the addon RCon (BattlEye) to your server via Clanforge here. Go to Edit profile > Configs to add this. You can access the command line by pressing the chat key (default: /).
In the chat input window you can type any of the following commands in and confirm them with the enter key.
You have to add the # character before the command.
The Commands provided below may not be enabled within DayZ Standalone
Some Features/Commands only work on Private Hives (such as passwording).
Multiplay is currently only hosting Official/Public Hives.
The following commands are available to you once you have connected to a server:
||Log in as the admin|
|#logout||Admin log out|
|#reassign||Start over and reassign roles|
|#shutdown||Shuts down the server|
|#init||Reload server config file loaded by –config option|
|#exec ban (name, ID or Player#)
<May not be available in DayZSA>
||Allows you to ban a player. Their ID will be added to the ban.txt|
|#kick (name, ID or Player#)||
||Allows you to kick a player|
|#monitor (interval in sec)||
||Shows performance information of the server. Interval 0 means to stop monitoring|
|#debug (interval in sec)||
||Default interval is 10 seconds.|
|#debug (command) (param)||
||The available commands are:
Each command differs bit some output to screen, some to log file etc.
You need some debugger capable of catching OutputDebugString running on the client machine
(one very small and easy to use is available at SysInternals website.
You launch this debugger, you launch ARMA client, connect to the server, issue any of commands
||The available commands are:
New admin commands since Armed Assault:
|#exec server side command||Execute administration scripting command|
|#lock||Locks the server, prevents new clients from joining|
|#unlock||Unlocks the server, allows new clients to join|
"#debug von" sample
*** VoN Topology Diagnostics ((*** =Player=: #2 P2PManager: Time: 13:38:48 waiting edges: 0, active negotiations: 0 Matrix: 3056006: #2 #2: 3056006 Cliques: 3056006,#2 Version: 1.60.86277 Private: 192.168.178.21 Connections: 3056006: Direct P2P, 5 KA, snd: 10 sec, rcv: 10 sec, (192.168.178.21:2317) snd=0 rcv=0(0) Repl(-5,0,0) Cliques: 3056006,Unknown =Player=: 3056006 Version: 1.60.86277 Private: 192.168.178.21 Public: 184.108.40.206 Connections: #2: Direct P2P, 5 KA, snd: 10 sec, rcv: 10 sec, (192.168.178.21:2305) snd=0 rcv=0(0) Repl(-5,0,0) Cliques: 3056006,Unknown *** VoN Topology Diagnostics ))***
"#debug (command)" sample
#debug console  Debug: console
#debug totalSent  Debug: totalSent  ** Total: sent 1447 bps (2.10 Msgps), received 3788 bps (6.10 Msgps)
#debug userQueue playerName  Debug: userSent  playerName: sent 1531 bps (2.30 Msgps), received 1259 bps (1.70 Msgps)
#debug userQueue playerName  Debug: userInfo  __SERVER__: Info Unknown player ID = 2  playerName: Info ping 0ms( 0, 1) BWfee 286Kb( 3, 204, 3) lost22.2%%( 2) queue 0B( 0) ackWait 0(0.0,0.0)
#debug userQueue playerName  Debug: userQueue  __SERVER__: Queue 0 B (0) 0 B Guaranteed (0), Desync 0  playerName: Queue 0 B (0) 222 B Guaranteed (3), Desync 0
|#vote missions||Users can vote for the mission selection|
|#vote mission (name)||
||Users can vote on a particular mission to loaded|
|#vote admin (name/ID/PLR#)||
||Users can vote an admin to control the server|
|#vote kick (name, ID or Player#)||
||Users can vote to kick off an individual|
|#vote restart||Vote to restart the mission|
|#vote reassign||Vote to reassign|
|#userlist||Displays the list of users on the server (use pgup to scroll up)|
|#beclient players||Displays the list of GUID's of all players on the server|
|#beclient guid||Show your own GUID|